Filing requirements differ for each elective office; however, all offices have similar filing elements. To view filing requirements for a specific office, visit the Offices Up for Election page.
- Candidates must meet all qualifications for the office prescribed by law.
- Candidates must complete a Candidate Filing Form.
- Candidates may need to complete a Nebraska Accountability and Disclosure Commission (NADC) C-1 Form.
- Candidates may need to pay a filing fee.
- Candidates for Omaha City Council and Mayor need to collect signatures of registered voters within their districts or within the City of Omaha.
- Candidates may also complete a Candidate Information Form so the Election Commission can provide basic candidate information for voters on its website.
All required filing elements must be received by the Filing Officer (Election Commissioner or Secretary of State) no later than the close of business on the filing deadline.
- Candidates filing for partisan offices may not change their political party affiliation after the first Friday in December prior to the primary election.
- A candidate who is registered as a nonpartisan voter may change his or her political party affiliation at any time prior to the candidate filing deadline.
Filing locations differ for each elective office. To view filing locations for a specific office, visit the Offices Up for Election page.